This highly interactive environmental photography workshop with both theoretical and practical components, focusses on developing participants’ technical and creative skills for photographing a range of environmental themes.
• An overview of camera operation and photographic technique for environmental subjects.
• In situ environmental photography from macro to landscape scales.
• Improving observation skills.
• Overcoming tricky lighting situations.
• Developing composition skills.
• Exploring the intersections where aesthetic and scientific photography meet.
• Photographing people in natural environments.
• Overview of Photopoint Monitoring
The workshop will be run by ecologist and environmental photographer, Alison Pouliot and cultural history photographer and mountaineer, Valérie Chételat.
There will be ample opportunity for one-on-one tuition and attention to participants’ particular environmental photographic projects.
A picnic lunch in the field and comprehensive supplementary notes will be provided.
This workshop is strictly limited to eight participants.