Focus on Nature – The Art & Science of Nature Photography
Mt Pilot and surrounds offers a wealth of intriguing yet challenging environmental subjects. This highly interactive workshop with both theoretical and practical components assists participants to develop technical and creative skills in photographing environmental themes. Following an indoor theoretical session, the field component is an ideal way for participants to consolidate information and become confident with handling photographic equipment.
The workshops will address the following themes as well as participants’ particular areas of interest:
- In situ environmental photography from macro to landscape scales, covering a variety of environmental themes.
- Development of observation skills and fine-tuning to the particularities of environmental subjects.
- Exploration of photographic principles of composition and exposure for tricky situations such as high contrast lighting, moving subjects, low light situations etc.
- Exploration of principles of aesthetics and how aesthetic and scientific photography converge.
- Development of visual concepts and knowing how to anticipate subjects in space and time.
- Principles of Photopoint Monitoring (if requested by participants).
Workshop places strictly limited so book soon!
This workshop is sponsored by the North Central Catchment Management Authority.
Further photography workshops are listed here.