Focus on Nature
– The Art and Science of Environmental Photography
This highly interactive workshop with theoretical and practical components assists participants in developing technical and creative skills in photographing environmental themes. The field trip provides an ideal way for participants to consolidate information, develop observation skills and become confident with handling photographic equipment.
The workshop is especially relevant to people such as field scientists, citizen scientists, Landcarers, property owners, conservationists and the like who want to use photography to document environmental change over time, develop visual inventories of species and improve their ability to effectively capture environmental themes.
The workshop will be largely driven by participants’ areas of interest including the following themes:
- In situ environmental photography from macro to landscape scales, covering a variety of environmental themes.
- Development of observation skills and fine-tuning to the particularities of environmental subjects.
- Exploration of photographic principles of composition and exposure for tricky situations such as high contrast lighting, moving subjects, low light situations etc.
- Exploration of principles of aesthetics and how aesthetic and scientific photography converge.
- Development of visual concepts and knowing how to anticipate subjects in space and time.
- Principles of Photopoint Monitoring
Further information: email@example.com
Further workshops and forays are listed here.